Your cooperative has an emergency crew on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to outages.
Report an Outage
If your electric service is interrupted, please follow these steps:
- Make sure a fuse is not blown or a circuit breaker is not tripped.
- Check with your neighbors to see if their electricity is working.
- Report the outage to Jackson Purchase Energy by calling (270) 442-7321 or toll-free (800) 633-4044. Please be prepared to provide the name on your account, address, phone number (with area code), and the nature of the outage.
You can also report an outage through the JPEC App.
Outage Two-Way Texting
Reporting outages and getting updates has never been easier with two-way texting. You can now communicate with us via text during outages.
- To get started, register your phone number in the JPEC app and allow notifications.
- To report an outage, text OUT to 768482
- Change message notifications within the app to receive other alerts.
The Steps to Restoring Power
We do our best to avoid outages, but sometimes Mother Nature has different plans. Here’s how we go to work when you find yourself in the dark.