Net Metering is available to eligible member-generators in Jackson Purchase Energy Cooperative’s service territory, upon request, and on a first-come, first-served basis up to a cumulative capacity of 1% of JPEC’s single hour peak load in Kentucky during the previous year. If the cumulative generating capacity of net metering systems reaches 1% of JPEC’s single hour peak load during the previous year, upon Commission approval, JPEC’s obligation to offer net metering to a new Member-Generator may be limited. An eligible Member-Generator shall mean a retail electric Member of JPEC with a generating facility that:
- Generates electricity using solar energy, wind energy, biomass or biogas energy, or hydro energy;
- Has a rated capacity of not greater than 45 kilowatts;
- Is located on the Member’s premises;
- Is owned and operated by the Member;
- Is connected in parallel with JPEC’s electric distribution system; and
- Has the primary purpose of supplying all or part of the Member’s own electricity requirements.
For additional information regarding Net Metering please read the Jackson Purchase Energy Tariff.
To begin the process for Net Metering please complete an application.
You can bring the application to our office or mail it to:
Jackson Purchase Energy Cooperative
6525 US Hwy 60W
Paducah, KY 42001