Jackson Purchase Energy Cooperative believes in the power of education. To help our Consumer-Members with college costs, we offer scholarship opportunities.
Each year, JPEC offers ten $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors whose parents or guardians are served by JPEC.
The requirements are:
- A student must be a high school senior who plans to enroll in a full-time course of study (12 hours per semester) at an accredited university or community college no later than the fall semester.
- The student’s primary residence must be served by JPEC and the JPEC account must be in the name of the student’s parent or guardian.
- The student must have a grade point average of at least 2.5 and an ACT score of 18 or better.
- The student must submit a brief, typed narrative stating his/her reason for applying for the scholarship.
- The student must complete the scholarship application linked below.
- The student must submit a letter of recommendation from a school guidance counselor, teacher or principal.
- All scholarship winners must attend JPEC’s annual meeting. Each recipient will be recognized at that time.
- All applications and accompanying documents should be typed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- The student must not be the child or grandchild of a JPEC employee, director, or attorney.
- The student should submit an official signed school transcript of courses and grades to date.
The scholarship submission process for 2023 has expired. Our next opportunity will be January 2024!